Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Shazam. out of the black night!

Well, a lot has happened since I last posted. We spent the Thanksgiving holiday visiting our families up in Maryland and were excited to see most of our family and a few friends as well. I am not sure how it happened but we are now well into the Christmas season!

I don't remember if I have mentioned it before, but I have been exploring different options for our curriculum for next year and I have found one that I am really excited to try. It is a Unit Study curriculum and the units are based on character traits of God. Konos is the name of curriculum for anyone who is interested. With this in mind, I decided to branch out a little this Christmas and do a short unit study (two weeks) on the book "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" by Barbara Robinson. This was my all time favorite Christmas movie growing up, I looked forward to watching it every year and so far it has been fun to revisit it with my kids! We are half way through the book and have been doing small reports on the characters. The kids are making puppets to do their own Christmas pageant when we finish next week. We have been learning about plays and acting as well as reading through the Christmas story in Luke daily. Of course it can't be all fun and games, or can it? Our new math curriculum has lots of games and the kids are begging me to play "Go to the Dump" and "Old Main" all the time. Regan and Micah both continue to improve in their reading. Micah finished reading the last of the kindergarten reading books(from our curriculum) before Thanksgiving and so now I am looking elsewhere for reading material for him.

We will be traveling a lot the next few weeks so school will be a little here and a little there. I plan to jump right back in to our Sonlight curriculum as soon as we return from Paula's (Phil's little sis.) wedding on the 15th. and then we will probably take Christmas week off. Hopefully I will have some more pictures to post in the next week or so.

P.S. The post title is one of my favorite lines from The Best Christmas Pageant Ever :)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online