Tuesday, July 6, 2010

flower headband

I am working on party favors for Tallulah's Fairy birthday party this weekend and thought it might be fun to share a little tutorial for these flower headbands I am working on- they are super easy (although they do take a bit of time if you are mass producing them) and you all are probably crafty enough to figure it out on your own, but I will share what I did just for fun anyway!

First I used my Cuttle Bug to cut out a bazillion felt flowers in 4 different sizes and 5 colors.
If you don't have a Cuttle Bug or other such cutting devise you can make your own flower pattern and hand cut- which would be fine for one headband, but too much for the 8+ that I am making!

I picked up a pack of these headbands at Roses, but you can also find them at your local dollar store.

Then I cut out a leaf, stacked up my flowers and picked out a button from my stash.
(my stash)

Next I sewed it all together and onto the headband all at the same time.
This is what it looks life from the front.

And here is the finished product- I tried to alternate the placement of my leaves so they were not all going the same direction. I think it would be fun to mix and match the felt flowers too, but for the party I am going to stick with single colored flowers.
I am going to try something new- I created a Flickr group for you to add pictures of your Little White Schoolhouse inspired projects, so if you make one of these or anything else inspired by something you've seen on my blog, please post a picture here! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

1 comment:

sam said...

Adorable, wish I had a little girl to wear one of those!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online