Monday, October 19, 2009

pumpkin goodness

Saturday morning instead of our standard chocolate chip pancakes I decided it was time to pull out a fall favorite. I got this recipe out of a Martha Stuart Living magazine years ago and everyone loves these pumpkin pancakes. I am giving your the doubled recipe- cause that is what our family of 6 eats.

Pumpkin Pancakes

2.5 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 pinches of ground cloves
2 eggs
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups milk

Whisk together dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
In separate bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, butter and milk, fold into dry ingredients.
Heat a buttered (must use butter it makes the flavor irresistible) skillet over medium heat and pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook about 3 minuted per side (these are thicker than regular pancakes and take a bit longer to cook.)

When I was done with the pancakes I had exactly enough pumpkin puree left in the can to make these pumpkin chocolate chip squares that my friend Jen posted about a couple weeks ago. They were SO good, you absolutely MUST try them- they were soft and moist and oh so yummy- wishing I had one to eat right now, but unfortunately the kids and I polished off the last few after lunch today!

2 comments:

Jess said...

This recipe looks awesome! Thanks for your comment Amy, we're really excited (and terrified). I was definitely more sick with Gid...but we'll see!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I plan to try BOTH of these recipes, Amy. I am obsessed with anything & everything pumpkin!! :) YUM!

Jenny (Parent)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online