Tuesday, December 14, 2010

bag of coal

I saw these bags of coal in the Crate and Barrel catalog and thought they would be a fun stocking stuffer for the kids, but we don't like black licorice and I knew I could easily make my own version of these little bags for only a few cents. I whipped them up while watching Harry Potter last night (I borrowed all the movies from my sister and am having my own Harry Potter Movie Marathon to catch myself up before watching the latest installment) and thought I would share a little tutorial with you all on how I made them, so here goes!

Supplies:
1 sheet of craft felt in charcoal gray (black or brown would work too)
Scraps of white felt to cut out the word coal
ribbon for the tie
embroidery floss
needles
*One sheet of felt makes two bags

Cut felt in half.

Fold over long edge about 1" and cut 10, 1/4" slits evenly spaced across the fold.


Fold in half and stitch up two sides (careful to leave the end with the slits open) with a 1/4" seam allowance.


Turn right side out and lace ribbon through slits like this.

Glue or hand stitch the letters to the front of the bag and your done! (If your really smart you will stitch the letters on before you sew the bag up, much easier that way!)
I am going to fill these with mini marshmallows dipped in chocolate, yum!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online