Monday, November 22, 2010

quilt update

I know, I must me the worlds slowest quilter, but I finally got the top to my quilt done last week!

It is far from perfect, and my husband says it looks like it "came from grandma's house"... he was a bit surprised when I told him I wanted it to look like it "came from grandma's". I don't know if I love it, but I will say I like it more now that it is all pressed then I did when I was only half done with the top. And I always like quilts more once they are quilted- that adds so much character to it.
I still don't have my backing fabric picked out (any suggestions?) and am not looking forward to the actual quilting, it is so big and I wonder at my machines ability to handle such a task. Anyway, at the rate I am going I won't have to worry about that for at least another 6 months anyway :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

I think it's gorgeous!

Lenae said...

Oh, it looks lovely! Wonderful job!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online