Thursday, December 6, 2012

advent

Looks like Tommy found our new keyboard... too bad it wasn't plugged in :)
In addition to the fun of hiding our elf, Tommy, we have a few more things that we are doing to celebrate this advent season.  Every night after dinner we light our advent wreath and read a chapter in Jotham's Journey.  This, I think, is the most important part because it is what reminds us why we are celebrating this season.  We are celebrating the best gift ever given in the history of gift giving- Jesus, our Messiah. 

The boys used the boxes from our Playmobil advent calendar to make their own Lego version...
It is the nativity scene.  Each box contains another item to add to the scene.   I love this!

And, lastly, I couldn't resist this cute little advent count down.  I picked it up while we were in Maryland at the little Swedish shop down the road from my mom's house.  The hedgehogs at the bottom are my favorite part :)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online