Monday, February 17, 2014

love grows here

I sewed this little mushroom house years ago.  I had thought I wanted to do more to it, but never ended up picking it back up again.  Then a couple weeks ago Ginny wrote a post about making their small house work for them... and a few days later she wrote another post.  As most of you know, we are also a semi large family living in a relatively small house.  I am constantly trying to figure out how to make this space work best for our unconventional life.  Sometimes I see it as an adventure, a puzzle to be solved, and other times I am sure the only way we can continue to live here is to add on some outrageous addition that will double the size of our home.  Anyway, Ginny's posts and the comments from her many readers were a good reminder to me to be content here in the space God has given us and love these days when we are all so close.  Among the comments was the quote "Love grows best in a small house."  As soon as I read it I new I needed to stitch myself a reminder of this little quote.  I started to sketch a picture in my journal, and while I was drawing I remembered this applique mushroom project I had never completed.  It took me about 2 hours to stitch the words.  I wrapped my hoop in some scraps of fabric and my little mushroom house is finally done!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online