Thursday, June 3, 2010

rainbow brite

At about 9am today (a day that I knew was to be filled with shuffling kids to Dr. appointments and attempting to make our house presentable for bible study) I decided I need to make this.
I've been seeing the cake all over the Internet for a year now and admiring it's beautiful colors and today I just couldn't wait any longer, I had to make the rainbow cake.
I really only eat chocolate cake, so making this was purely for aesthetic pleasure, but it sure was satisfying! (I did eat a piece, because I could not make a cake and not at least taste it! But that will be the only piece I eat, I will save the rest for those sugar loving kids to devour tomorrow.)
Oh, and I used this recipe for the cake, but cheated on the frosting and used Duncan Hines, whipped white frosting.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

wow! i went tot he blog and watched the *girl* (she's like 19) on Martha stewart. pretty awesome 15 minutes of fame.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online