Tuesday, June 1, 2010

clean slate

Phil had recently mentioned that he would like our bedroom to be a lighter color, but it was not until we actually started painting this weekend that I learned that he NEVER liked the color of our bedroom! So, for nearly 5 years he has silently suffered- well, suffer no more! We are starting over (5 coats later) with a clean (white) slate! This was quite a risk for this color girl! If you've been in my house, or read my blog for very long you know that our house is like the rainbow- colors are bright and plentiful! But I am taking a risk and going for that eclectic cottage style with white walls and colorful accessories. The first being the quilt that I am hoping to complete this summer.

I think this is after two coats
almost there...

So, here it is before...

and after.
It looks a bit sterile right now, but I'm excited to see the space come alive as I start adding bits of color here and there.
I bought a can of spray paint today to paint the bed frame- that will the next project.

2 comments:

ASTRA REED said...

It looks really beautiful in white color... i appriciate your husband choice... and not to apply much coats lol... and pix are wonderful kewl!! click tho...

Kristin said...

I love color, too, but the white seems so clean and bright and fresh! Lovely. :-)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online