Saturday, April 23, 2011

easter preparations

There are certain things we all associate with different holidays, you know, the things that make the celebration feel complete. For me, as far as Easter is concerned, I can think of a few must have's/do's. One is having my mom's homemade Peanut Butter Eggs (I had to make these myself this year for the first time, since we will not be traveling to MD for Easter.) and (store bought) Peeps. (I should add in here that every year, without fail, my mom makes homemade marshmallow, cuts it out in Easter-like shapes and covers in in Chocolate. It is delicious, but the PB eggs are my favorite, so I usually end up trading my marshmallow for more PB eggs.)

Another one of my favorite things about Easter (probably at the top of the list) is singing Christ the Lord is Risen Today at church. At our church in MD they had a full choir, large pipe organ and orchestra; add the powerful lyrics and swell of the congregation singing and it is it quite awesome. Although it will be different in our little church tomorrow, the words we sing and the truth they proclaim is no less awesome.

And last but not least, dying eggs is definitely a "must do" tradition.
This last one was our pièce de résistance, a rainbow egg. I bought the cheap dye at the dollar store, so our colors are not super bright, but you get the idea :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online