Monday, March 26, 2012

happy endings

This is our last week of Classical Conversations.  I can't believe how quickly the year has flown by.  Today Micah completed the tutor round of his Memory Master Proof.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with CC, a Memory Master is a student who has mastered all the information we have learned over the course of the cycle (24 weeks) and can repeat, from memory, those facts.  This is a list of what those facts included this cycle:
  
-The entire timeline of 160 events from creation to modern times; 
-Twenty-four history sentences about U.S. history; 
-Twenty-four science questions and answers covering human anatomy, chemistry, and origins; 
-Multiplication tables through the fifteens plus squares and cubes, conversions, and math laws; 
-All fifty states and their capitals plus seventy physical features on the U.S. map; 
-Twenty-four definitions or lists from English grammar; 
-Latin vocabulary lists and John 1:1–7 in Latin; and 
-The forty-four U.S. presidents.

Today's test was the hardest part and he passed!   Micah, we are so proud of you!!!

This weekend I had the pleasure of getting to put together this basket of goodies for the mom who coordinates our afternoon program for all the children not yet in Essentials.

And I finished up these bags for all my kids tutors and the nursery workers.  If you want to make one yourself, check out Randi's tutorial.  It's not exactly the same, but pretty close. 
I made 10 different bags and they all turned out so cute- I wanted to keep them all for myself!!!  They come together quickly too and make a great afternoon "I need to sew something" project :)

1 comment:

Julie Spangler said...

I just LOVE reading your blog! It reminds me of how much I loved homeschooling Jordan and his sister, and of how creating fun and beautiful things for my home and for others was such a blessing!

Your family is so beautiful-- thanks for letting me live this time again vicariously!

And Micah, I'm SO PROUD of you!! Good job! Wow! :-)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online