Wednesday, October 30, 2013

costume time

So, every year I swear I am NOT going to make Halloween costumes - I mean, we haven't even gone trick or treating for a couple years now - but somehow, the week before Halloween hits and I find myself caving to the pressure and making at least  one or two costumes... This year it was 3. 

Tallulah's costume was almost complete here- we had not glued the flowers to her wig (tutorial found here) yet, and I ended up taking the dress in a bit so it was not so wide in the bodice, but you get the idea.  The dress tutorial is here.  This was a lot of fun to make and a big confidence boost, as it was my first time making my own pattern and it actually turned out pretty cute!

The boys are Merry and Pippin from The Lord of the Rings.  I made their capes and pants, the rest is either thrifted or from the dress up bin.  We will draw some hair on their feet tomorrow night. (Did I mention the fact that we are not trick-or-treating?  We are having dinner at a friends house, but the kids are still going all out with the costumes.)
The other kids are getting their costumes from the dress up bin, but I was really tempted to make this one too :)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online