Thursday, July 16, 2009

a handmade birthday

Although there will be a few store bought goodies in tomorrows birthday celebration I am really trying to embrace the idea of handmade birthdays and Christmas' etc. I have had a few hours this week sans kids (they have been at VBS in the mornings) and have put the time to good use sewing up a few gifts for my precious baby girl. I can't believe she is turning 3 tomorrow, how time flies!

We are way into our baby dolls right now, so a matching outfit for Lulu and Bitty Baby, Abigail, was definitely in order. I snuck into her room while she was watching a movie to try the dress on Abbey and take this picture.

Regan is definitely a gift giver, always wanting to make or get something to give to whomever she can think of, so she was pretty excited when I suggested that she give Lulu the old doll bed that Poppy had made her when she was Lulu's age and has been in the attic for the past year. Just for the occasion I threw together a new quilt and pillow for the bed. It is not my best sewing ever, but I am sure she will love it anyway!

1 comment:

Melissa Stover said...

so sweet. i love handmade things.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online