Thursday, October 7, 2010

church bazaar

Our church is holding it's first ever Bazaar on the 30th, so this week I started working on some handmades to sell. This is what I am working on so far:

Baby blankets- (I found the elephant fabric at Joann's, it is a Debbie Mum print and it is the softest flannel ever- I might just have to go back for more it's so snuggly!)

Some take-a-long art books (I am also loving the children around the world fabric, also from Joann's, totally kicking myself for only buying a half yard!)

This will be a new project for me, some pacifier clips.

And I think I will make some more camera straps, I've had quite a few requests for these from friends and family.
I enjoy making these things for gifts and to sell, but I've also had an itch to do some "real art"- ya know like with paints and canvases and paper and whatever else I can find- I really love mixed media collage, but have a hard time finding space and time to do it. I would love to be able to take a few art classes- maybe drawing, or textile design or a mixed media class... not sure how or when I will be able to, but a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online