Tuesday, May 26, 2009

i just can help myself!

All the scraps from my Good Folks throw were lying on my sewing table and I just had to do something with them! This was sew much fun, I just started picking out strips of fabric and sewing them together, no measuring, cutting or pinning, just sewing and trimming until I had a big enough square to cover an old pillow! After all the pattern sewing I have done lately it was refreshing to just "wing it" and not worry about getting it perfect... I even included a bit of selvage in one of the strips. O course all this blanket and pillow sewing means I am going to have to make/find a new cover for our futon, currently it has a fitted white sheet with black flowers on it... not exactly a complimenting look for all the color and patterns in my Good Folks!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

oooh pretty pillow...i love the the bright colors

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online