Sunday, May 24, 2009

weekend sewing

I finally got Regan's outfit sewn with week. I ended up having to take the top apart and re-make it, as the first one was too small. I think it turned out really cute, of course Regan has something negative to say about EVERYTHING you spend lots of time and effort on making just for her... I think I am done making her clothing, she is just too picky and after all the time, love and money I put into it, she will probably wear it today (because I will make her wear it) and never again!

top #1

re-done

I found a few minutes yesterday in between gardening, taking apart/moving our swing set and napping to sew together the top for a throw quilt. I got this stack of Anna Maria Horner fat quarters with my birthday money back in February and was planning to make a quilt with it. I was inspired by this blanket by Soule Mama to keep it simple and make big blocks instead lots of smaller ones. I think the large squares really suits the Good Folks prints as many of them have large and varying patterns. Now I just need to get some backing fabric and batting to finish it up!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online