Monday, July 11, 2011

cathcing up

We dropped another kid at camp this morning. This is Micah's first time, and he was pretty excited, he's been trying to pack for a week :)
I think it made it easier for him to go knowing his sister has gone twice and having seen a lot of the counselors last week when we were dropping off/picking up Regan.

I finally got a hair cut yesterday... it's only been 21 months since my last!
I am still not sure what I think of all those bangs... I know I am NOT happy that she cut them CROOKED! Oh well, it's only hair :)

Awhile back one of the ladies at church gave me this serger that she was not using. I was super excited, since I had one on my birthday wish list. Unfortunately life has been so busy that I did not find the time to sit down and figure out how it works until last week!
I am so glad I finally pulled out the manual and got the thing threaded- finishing hems with this is SO much easier than with the zig zag stitch on my regular machine!

I started this table cloth months ago, but have been waiting to get the serger working to to the edges.
It was inspired by this table cloth on Aesthetic Nest.

I have been wanting to teach Regan how to make friendship bracelets for awhile, so I was super excited to find this on The Purl Bee over the weekend! I may have been a bit too ambitions when I started this one!

Lastly, today is day 30 of our Whole30, but really we ended it yesterday. Some friends invited us out for lunch and we ended up at a pizza place... pretty hard to find something grain and dairy free at a pizza joint! Even after that I still find myself reaching for the Whole30 approved foods for meals and snacks. Although I do not plan to continue eating "Paleo" now that we are done, I do hope that my eating habits really are changed for the better. I lost a total of 8 pounds during the 30 days (I think my hubby lost 15!) and for the most part had more energy (except for when I stayed up too late).

Okay, enough of my random rambling, we are headed to 7-11 for free Slurpee's (since it is 7/11). Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

that is a cute tablecloth,that would be perfect for anice summer day picnic with the family in the back yard.
I am hapy to hear that you all made it throught the little faire scare ok.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online