Thursday, January 12, 2012

things you did not know

Okay, so my friend Joanna included me in her "Tell Me About Yourself Award" post today.  I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself you don't already know and pass the award on to 15ish other people.  I think I will start with saying:

(1) I am not one to always play by the rules- but telling you 7 things you don't know about me sounded like fun- so I will do that, but I am not passing the "award" on (Sorry Joanna!)

(2) I laughed when Joanna listed this as her #1 thing, but I too am not a "kid person".  At least not other peoples kids :)

(3) I have taken a number of Spiritual Gifts tests over the years and have scored a 0 for the gift of teaching every time (and yet here I am homeschooling my 5 children!  Doesn't God have a great sense of humor?).

(4) During High School and College I traveled extensively (like to 15 different counties) doing short term mission.

(5) Despite all that travel 15-20 years ago, it has been nearly 10 years since I last left the country or even boarded a plane!

(6) I sooo wanted to bungee jump off of this bridge while I was at Victoria Falls in 1996, but did not have enough $.  Several of my friends did get to jump though :)

(7)When I was 3 years old I was diagnosed with Scoliosis.  I wore a back brace for 10 years.  The Dr's said surgery (when I got older) was the only solution.  God healed my back (the curve went from 40 degrees to 18 degrees in 5 months and my back now has a normal 10 degree curve).  God is good.


1 comment:

Joanna B said...

That's hilarious, Amy! I love that you did not play by the rules!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online