Monday, August 13, 2012

little house

I saw this picture on Pinterest the other day and was immediately in love.  I found myself laying awake that night (when I really should have been sleeping) thinking about how I could create my own version of these houses, and so when we ran out to store the next day for diapers and formula we made a quick trip to Michael's to pick up some supplies to try out these ideas spinning through my head.

The pictures below are the test run of the first draft of my pattern.  I did not realize until I went back to look at the original again that I inadvertently used the same colors as in the original photo!  Anyway, there are definitely adjustments to be made in size and design, but all in all it turned out pretty cute.  I used that stiff craft felt for my test run, because it is relatively cheap, but I bought some thick felted wool sheets for the final draft... of course now that my mom it gone I don't know when I will find the time to rework my pattern and make another!



No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online