Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Note to self- keep limbs away from hot surfaces

I burnt my arm on the iron last Saturday. It's a nice one too, 2.5" long and about 3/4" wide. It was bothering me a bit more than usual yesterday and last night while working on a project I noticed that it was swollen and pink around the burn. I was tired, so I decided I would go to bed and visit the Dr. first thing in the morning. Well, I was uncomfortable enough that I was having a hard time going to sleep, so at 10:45pm I decided to go to the ER in hopes that they could give me something for the infection and maybe I could sleep a little more comfortably.

Well, they did give me something for the infection, but I was sadly mistaken when I thought that I might be able to sleep more comfortably. Turns out, Lidocaine does not work on me, so while the nurse scrubbed my arm, I felt every bit of it! So, one hour, one tetanus shot and one very soar arm later, I headed to the all night pharmacy to get my antibiotics. I don't know when I actually fell asleep this morning, but when I woke up the pain had dissipated, only to return when I had to clean the wound and change my dressing this morning. I will be glad when this is over!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

oh no...i hope you start feeling better soon.

jen said...

ouch! get better soon!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online