Wednesday, March 11, 2009

birthday stash

So, I have been eyeing some fabric for months now, just waiting until I had a bit of extra cash... Returning to the sights over and over again trying to decide which were my favorites and how I could manage to buy them all and still feed my family. I never could justify making the purchase out of my bi-weekly food/living budget, so I waited... And then my birthday came, and with it some no strings attached, spend it however you want to birthday cash! Yippy! I couldn't afford to buy the whole Anna Maria Horner Good Folks collections, but I got a good assortment of fat quarters that I plan to use to make a blanket. I also got a few yards from her Drawing Room collection that I fell in love with the moment I saw them. Heather Bailey is another favorite of mine and I was able to get a few yards of her Pop Garden collections that are absolutely gorgeous! I have to tell you, these all look beautiful online, and they do not disappoint, in fact I like them even better in real life! Now I just have to decide how to use all this beautiful fabric, I have many ideas, I just have to narrow it down :)

And look what arrived in the mail today! I have just flipped through the pages quickly and have not sewn anything yet, but I can tell already that I am going to LOVE this book! I am sure I will find a thing or two (or 10) to make (from my fantastic fabric stash) in this book.

Look, there is even something for school in this book, we started sewing are Kimonos this morning and this is just what I needed to help me as I was just winging it and making up my own pattern.
I will post pictures of the kids in their Kimonos Tomorrow, or as soon as we finish them :)
Siyonara!

2 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

those are beautiful. i want to start sewing more. i want to make some dresses for tess that are a onesie with a skirt sewed on. know of any directions for that?

Leslie said...

beautiful fabric!!! i love that book, i am definitely wanting to get a copy of my own. There are so many fantastic projects

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online