Saturday, December 26, 2009

our Christmas

We had a relaxing quiet Christmas yesterday, just our family. Despite my efforts to keep things simple there still seemed to be a LOT of presents under the tree (many sent from grandparents and others).

For all the hours I spent sewing, the number of hand made gifts was small this year- but well loved by all! First was their PJ's, then they each got a stuffed animal. I used the Mikey Monkey pattern for the bodies, but everyone got a different animal- a bunny, a monkey, a dog and a kitty...

and of course there were the much requested "snuggies" (which they all went to sleep snuggled in last night).

A few of my favorite gifts? My sister sent me this mushroom- it is on the tree now, but it will not get packed away with the other ornaments- it is just too cute to be stuck in the attic most of the year!

My mom surprised me with this tray- I had seen it on another blog and fallen in love, and since I don't live near an Ikea she got it for me and sent it for Christmas!

Phil and the kids picked out this new sewing chair for me- very retro- I totally dig it!

After all the gifts were opened we spent the rest of the day watching this...

Playing with these (and other Christmas toys/games)...

and putting together this.

1 comment:

Trin said...

Sounds like a great Christmas, quiet simple and spent relaxing at home with family!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online