Thursday, February 11, 2010

making valentines

I always hate buying those boxes of valentines with the latest toy or movie fad on them but usually I start some valentine card project with the kids that is WAY over the top and I end up frustrated with the mess and stress of helping 4 kids make valentines for however many kids are in their preschool class or the homeschool coop. (Wow, that was a long sentence, sorry about that!) Anyway, this year I decided to take matters into my own hands, and with the the help of my mom (who did lots of cutting) I sewed up these little felt heart pockets for Max and Lulu's Valentine's Day party tomorrow.
My trial version was hand stitched, but I quickly realized that with less than 24 hours to complete 18 valentines, hand stitching was just not going to work- so after an hour at my faithful machine they were all stitched up and ready to be accessorized...
and stuffed!

While I was busy sewing up the valentines, Regan was busy with her own little sewing project in her room- isn't her little felt family just the cutest?
P.S. For those of you who are wondering how I am finding time to do any sort of sewing/crafting when I just had a baby 3 weeks ago, it is because (due to the 2 blizzards in DC this past week) my mom is still here (and I say, let is snow, let it snow, let it snow!)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online