Thursday, June 23, 2011

sewing... but not what I should be sewing

I finally got around to sewing those projects I had been planning to do earlier this week and thought I would share them with you.

Regan is leaving for camp in just over a week. Last year she ended up coming home without a few of her clothing items and I owe it to the fact that they all had the same trash bag laundry sacks, so something could easily get thrown in the wrong bag. To be sure that it won't happen again, I threw together this laundry sack this morning while the kids were at VBS.
It is just a simple rectangular bag, about 25h x 19w, with a drawstring opening. I used my bias tape maker to make the drawstring and put a button hole in the bag before I sewed the casing closed.
I also attached a strap to the back so that it can be hung on the end of the bunk beds and even included snaps on one end, just in case there is not a post to hang it over and it needs to be strapped around something.

I also whipped up these shorts for Micah. I made my own pattern using Dana's pant pattern and the pj pant pattern from Weekend Sewing as my reference points. They were super easy to make. Next time I am going to try adding pockets, as soon as I get some more boy fabric- seems like my cabinet is full of flowers and girly stuff.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online