Saturday, June 23, 2012

our family's initials

I have had these letter for at least a year, knowing I wanted to decorate them and hang them, but not knowing exactly how I wanted to do it.  And then one day last week it just came to me.  I used twine, ribbon, scrapbook paper, pages from a book, maps and paint for the letters, and embellished with buttons, felt and crocheted flowers, butterflies and birds.   We had an old crib (that does not meet today's safety standards) in the attic, so I pulled out the mattress support, attached the letters with fishing wire and hot glue, and hung it on the wall in our living room.  I would show you a picture of the whole wall so you could get a better idea of how it works in the room, except the room is such a mess I can't bring myself to post a picture online!  I may or may not add more embellishments to it over time, but for now I am happy with how it turned out.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

ooo... a clue on the baby's name. :-)
looks cute.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online