Saturday, January 5, 2013

finally found some time to sew for my own family :)

After a week of doing pretty much nothing, I finally dug into my stash last weekend to work on some projects I had been planning for my girls since the summer!  These corduroy skirts were supposed to be for the fall... well, at least I finished them before summer!

I fell in love with this fabric when I saw it in my friends stash.  I ordered a yard for myself, but couldn't bare to cut it up, so I paired it with some cozy minky and Made Emmy a blanket.

Things have been so crazy the last few months I keep sewing new things and forgetting to photograph them... like the ornaments I made for the kids for Christmas. They are all packed up now, but I do have this picture I took awhile back.  The squirrel and the raccoon were for the boys and I finished up these dolls and made them into ornaments for the girls. 

Just for fun, Max and Micah dressed up when we went to see the Hobbit last weekend- Micah was supposed to be one of the dwarfs, Ori (although he's not too convincing- he needed a bit more hair, I  think) and Max was Bilbo (he even wore flip flops and painted hair on his feet with Regan's face painting set she got for Christmas). 

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online