Friday, October 30, 2009

one of those days

It has been one of those days... It started with lots of whining from a certain little boy during school this morning, but then things started to look up when we were able to finish school, make a grocery list and (mostly) finish Lulu's costume all before we had to pick the younger two up from Preschool. It turns out that streak of productiveness was just a tease because after we picked up Max and Lulu from Preschool we headed to BJ's only to realize about 1/3 of the way through the store that I had forgotten my coupons... and not just $.050 here and $.035 there- we are talking almost $30 worth of coupons. So we put our stuff back, grabbed a rotisserie chicken for dinner, some candy for our church's Trunk or Treat tomorrow night and a birthday present for a party tonight headed to McD's for lunch and then on the Walmart for our other grocery shopping. As if the BJ's fiasco wasn't enough, on the way to Walmart Tallulah spilled her soda in her car seat (and not just a little bit, but at least half the cup)! When I pulled her from her seat, soaking wet, there was still 1/2"- 3/4" of standing soda in the seat! We did our best to calm her down and ran into the store to buy a change of cloths and then do our grocery shopping.

All that to say- I am thankful for the few moments to sit here now and collect myself (while the kids watch some TV) and be thankful for the money to buy a dry change of clothes and the car to drive to and from the store (even if I have to do it twice in one day) and all the other many blessing the Lord had given us.

Speaking of blessing- let's get on to the real reason for this post, Tallulah's costume (Tallulah being the blessing, not the costume)! Here she is, my little flower fairy!
It was hard to photograph the fairy skirt, so here is the image from the pattern.
The pattern is a size 6-8, and I tried to adjust it to fit a 3 year old, but I think it still may be a bit long. I also totally love the hats, but I am just not sure I am up for any more sewing with satin! Oh, and she has no wings either, but don't tell her, she does not seem to care!
The break down:

Pink Satin for flower- $1.60
White Satin- from my stash- $0
Pink Tulle- $3
Elastic- $0.97
Leotard- from dress up bin-$0
Pattern- $1

Total=$6.75

1 comment:

Courtney said...

cute costumes all the way around. as for BJs... what an experience. and in another direction... that last photo .. i think tallulah looks like Phil. i always thinks she looks SO much like you.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online