Monday, October 5, 2009

waterford virginia

Last Friday Phil took the kids to DC to see the dinosaurs and I got to go with my mom and my sister, Sherri to Waterford, VA for their annual fair. My mom has been going since the 70's and I have gone with her a handful of times in the past 15 years. It is such a charming little town with rolling hills and beautifully maintained old houses. I took my camera with me this time so I could share some of the wonderful things we saw while we were there.There are house tours, great food (like carmel dipped apples and homemade ice cream) and juried craft exhibits. I especially enjoy watching the crafters do their handiwork.

This hat is hand carved from wood!

I always love these leather masks- wish I could buy them all for the dress up bin!

This house was for sale, I told Phil I want to move here :)
I have lots more pictures to post from our trip to MD, but I will save the rest for another day!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

this looks like an amazing and fun place...those leather masks are beautiful

Birdie said...

Wow! What lovely photos! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online