Thursday, June 12, 2008

First pick of the season

These are the first veggies from the garden this year. They look great, too bad I don't like peas! Lulu loved them though!Phil started giving Regan piano lesson 2-3 months ago. Here they are learning a new song.

How Regan really feels about piano!

Coming soon...
I tried a new recipe last night for skillet lasagna that was yummy. I forgot to take a picture of it, but I will post the recipe later.
To get you started... Something my mom taught me to do to save time when cooking with ground beef is to brown my ground beef when I bring it home from the store and put it in the freezer, that way I can just pull it out when I need it. I have taken it a step further with my new menu plans. I go to BJ's at the beginning of the month and buy 5-6 pounds of ground beef and brown it with half a large onion, chopped and a few cloves of garlic. I separate it into 1 pound portions and freeze it in quart size freezer bags. Then when I am ready to make tacos, or lasagna etc. I just pull a bag out in the AM and let it thaw. I will try to remember to take pictures and post recipes as I make other things I use this "Make Ahead Ground Beef" in.

2 comments:

sam said...

Sid will be jealous of your peas. His garden is not doing as well as he would like. I think we will be having a late harvest!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to brown the ground beef ahead of time. That would make spaghetti with meat sauce really a snap.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online