Friday, June 20, 2008

frog casualty

I have been working on these frogs to make this for a bit now. Two are (were) done and 6 more are cut out and ready to be sewn and filled. The kids were tossing them around today and I guess Micah and Lulu got in to a tug-o-war with this one unbeknownst to me. Such a sad end for this little guy with his fun vintage fabric and all.Other than the frog tragedy, we have had a pretty uneventful day. Had a big breakfast and hung around the house this morning, recycling a box to make masks and getting ready for swim lessons. My friend Helen introduced us to Mrs. Karen, our swim teacher. She is wonderful with the kids and we get private (just Regan, Micah and Max) lessons for the same cost as group lessons at the Y. Lulu loves going down the slide at Mrs. Karen's pool. You can't see it in this pic, but she is standing at the top of the ladder of the Little Tykes slide , getting ready to slide into the pool.
practicing our flutter kick
Action shot, Regan jumping off the diving board. Today she jumped in and swam to the ladder all by herself for the first time, no floaty or anything!
Fearless Max just after he jumped
Max and Lulu took a nap after lunch and I spent the afternoon sewing this bag for Regan's friend Mckenzie. She is having a birthday party tomorrow at the roller skating rink.
This is not my first Caprisun bag. I started out a year ago with basic tote bags, the size of a medium gift bag, with ribbon handles. Last Fall I made a small purse for another birthday gift. This year big bags seem to be all the rage and I keep seeing versions of this large pleated bag, so I though I would try my hand at it Caprisun Style. I think it turned out pretty cute. So cute in fact, Regan does not want to give it away, so now I am busy putting together another one for her, which I may just have to use myself!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online