Wednesday, January 19, 2011

the kitchen, before and after

Here is our kitchen before...
I thought I had more before pictures of the kitchen, but I could not find them!

And here it is now!
Pretty dramatic change, huh? Of course, now I totally want to paint my cabinets again (only I don't actually want to do the painting)

And look how little of this made it back onto the counter tops! Not too bad, although if I had more cabinet space there would be even less.
We are hoping to install new counter tops too, something to match the new floors and break up all that cream. And while we are talking about "all that cream" what do you think about the soffit being the same color as the cabinet? When the room was blue we did it so that the room would not be overwhelmed by the bold color and to give the illusion of the cabinets being taller, but now I can't decide if I should make it the color of the walls, what do you think?
We still have not finished nailing down the shoe molding, hence the absence of the fridge, book case and microwave cart, but I did not want to wait any longer to post some picture.
If you are curious about how we did the Board and Batten, these two posts are full of great information. We are also planning to add a plate rail to the top, but I do not have the tools to make it, so my f-i-l is making it for me and we will put it up next time they come to visit!

3 comments:

sam said...

Looks Great Amy!

Rachel Marie said...

looks great!!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness... It's BEAUTIFUL! WOW!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online