Wednesday, July 4, 2012

i have a new purse!

I have been in need of a new purse for awhile now.  Knowing I wanted to make my own I've been looking for the perfect pattern, the perfect fabric etc. and so of course it was not happening... That is, until last week when on a whim I ordered 1/2 yard of this yellow chevron fabric from Fabric.com and decided I needed to give up on finding the perfect pattern and just design my own.  I had some notes in my sketchbook from awhile back for a purse idea, so I pulled them out and started drafting a pattern.  I did a test run yesterday with some stash fabric and was happy to find my pattern only needed a few minor adjustments, so last night I pulled out my chevron fabric and some denim from my stash and started cutting.  My original plan was to put a zipper in it, but I did not have the right size here. I headed to bed last night thinking I'd run out this morning for a zipper, but instead I woke up with this vision in my head of a tab closure with a fabric covered button, so I got up and headed straight to my sewing table.  Don't you love it when you wake up so inspired that you can't do anything else but start working?  Anyway, I love the way it turned out- a perfect summer bag.  It is fully lined and has 4 large interior pockets and two exterior pockets.


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online