Saturday, November 22, 2008

finally finished!

So, a couple years ago I saw this project in a magazine and decided to make my own advent version of it. I raided my moms fabric stash, looking for scraps of Christmas fabric, and got busy cutting out stars and snowmen and hand sewing the little pockets. I am not sure what happened but the quilt got packed away, probably to work on as it got closer to Christmas, and forgotten.

Okay, so when I said a couple of years, I guess I really meant almost 5 years!

Anyway, this was the year, I finally pulled it out of hiding and finished it. It's funny, 5 years later, I don't really like it anymore, but we will use it this year, and then I will probably start a new one next year, only with felt and much more simple than this. It feels good to have it completed though!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

wow, that is so cute!!! i have done that before, started a project and it has taken me so long to finish i am not in love with it anymore...but honestly it is great. you did so much hard work!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online