Monday, November 24, 2008

in the studio

I see a lot of people posting pictures of their work space, usually some cute, little brightly painted room. My "studio" is also our dining room/schoolroom/office. Here it is in action.

Regan took this picture of me painting the ornaments for our Jesse Tree. I will put one in each pocket of the quilt I finished on Saturday and we will take one out each day in December to hang on our Jesse Tree (what that will look like I am not quite sure yet).
Here are a few of the ornaments. There are scripture readings to go with each ornament that tell the story of Christ from Creation, to His birth.
I have been doing some other painting, but I can't post the pictures here... not yet anyway. It felt good to paint yesterday. It has been so long since I last painted. I used to paint all the time, but with 4 kids, it is not always easy to find the time and space to make such a mess :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those are too cute! Did you draw them? If not, where did you find them?

Ahh, painting... I used to do that. : )

Alicia K said...

What is a Jesse Tree? Does it have something to do with Advent? Very cute little ornaments!

amy said...

Alicia, here is a blurb from Wiki describing the Jesse Tree: "a poster or a real tree in the church or home, which over the course of Advent is decorated with symbols to represent stories leading up to the Christmas story, for the benefit of children. The symbols are simple, for example a burning bush for Moses and a ram for Isaac."
If you google "Jesse Tree" you will find examples online.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online