Friday, September 25, 2009

captive

Do you ever feel like you have so much to say, but you just can't seem to get it out? Like there are so many things spinning through your head and heart that you could burst but yet you remain silent? I have been feeling like that this week- totally overwhelmed with a need to create but not being able to find the space or venue to do it... like there was so much noise all around me that I could not make sense of what was in my heart until I was finally so overwhelmed all I could do was cry. Sounds traumatic/dramatic but in reality I am pretty amazed that I have made it this far in my pregnancy (23.5 weeks) with a generally even keel, at least- even keeled for a/this pregnant women :) Anyway, back to my story- so after an afternoon of tears and ruined pizza's (another story all on it's own) I finally found a bit of silence and allowed myself to just sit in it. One of the thoughts that kept ringing in my head throughout the week was "if I could get all this creative turmoil out of my head and onto canvas, what would it look like?" I have not found the answer, but instead decided to paint/glue/cut/sew the story as it unfolds, so here is piece one of what I think will be a series of pieces. I titled this one Captive, the next will be Breaking Free.This isn't the best picture as I took it at 9pm tonight, but I am too impatient to wait for a sunny day to photograph it right.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online