Tuesday, August 9, 2011

fun finds

I found this pile of brand new books in the library's book store, $.50 each!
The Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea books have an inscription in the front. It seems someone did not like the gift they were brought from the Anne of Green Gables Museum. The date on the inscription was June 2011! Well, I am glad to have them in my library, even if Bonnie did not want them :) I have not read any Miss Reed books, but they looked interesting enough for $.50 a piece.
<span class=

I also found this super cute dish towel at Kroger, of all places. I am pretty sure I will be making a little skirt for Adelaide with this.
And with that admission I guess I am busted... I have not touched my WIP pile since we returned home over a week ago (truthfully I have not done any sewing since we returned, I have been working on some organization projects to help get the school year off to a good start.) and I've already got my mind set of making some of these flowers as soon as I can pull my machine back out. I have had this idea in my head for embellishing a couple of lamp shades for our bedroom, and I think that these flowers will work perfectly for what I have in mind!

Maybe I will get some of my organizational projects together and share with you all, things like meal plans, chore schedules and school work record-keeping. Any interest?

P.S. I am still playing with my image sizing, so if it is not coming out right when you view the blog, please let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope whoever got the books for Bonnie does not read your blog! Good buy. I like the flowers also. I like the satin ones also. They look like they would be fun to make.
Love you, Mom

Courtney said...

of course I have interest in your organization tools! :-) i am always curious about how other non-out-of the-house-working moms manage it all and you have homeschooling to throw into it, which adds a LOT to your plate compared to me with only 3 kids who sends 2 of them OUT to school (although they come home for lunch)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online