Sunday, November 8, 2009

for baby

After all the sewing for other people I've been doing I finally got to do some sewing for my own baby this weekend! We have a serious lack of storage space for clothing in the girls room, so I decided to try my hand at Anna Maria's Fabric Boxes from Seams to Me. I adapted the size to fit the built in shelves in the girls room and cut out enough fabric and interfacing to make 4 baskets measuring 11" deep/wide and 8" high. Here is the first box...

I am fairly happy with how it turned out, it was not easy getting the interfacing in and I am not too thrilled with the fuse-ability of the interfacing- I wish it would stick a bit better, but all in all it turned out pretty cute and is already filled with the few clothing items we have for the baby.

Here is a peak at some of the other fabric I am using for the boxes.
I am hoping to get them finished up this week and then comes the harder task of clearing off the shelves to make room for the boxes!

No comments:


blogger templates | Make Money Online