Tuesday, November 24, 2009

saving the unsavable

A friend had a pile of old Laura Ashley dresses that her daughter had sent her, thinking that they might boost her wardrobe, most of them were unwearable- even for an 80 something grandma. She gave our crochet group the pick of the dresses in case we had some other use for them- I grabbed this one thinking it might make a cute tote or something- anything other than the jumper form that it was presently in!
I've been wanting to try out some other versions of Molly and a kitty cat was first on my list- not wanting to buy any more fabric- or more realistically not having any money to buy more fabric- I dug through my stash looking for something appropriate and I came across this dress.

While the kids were watching old episodes of Scooby Doo yesterday (last weeks library DVD find) I started cutting out pieces and stitching together my own kitty version of Molly Monkey.
Since the pattern/colors of the fabric are so bold, I decided against a the shirt and socks that Molly wears and instead made her all striped. I may make her a tutu and ballet slippers so she isn't totally naked :)
(I ran out of stuffing- so her arms and legs are a bit flat in these pictures, but I just couldn't wait to share her with you!)

Here she is with her friend Molly.
Next I am thinking of trying a lamb or a bunny :)

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Adorable!!

Leslie said...

very cute!!!

Melissa Stover said...

is the monkey for sale? my daughter would love that! her socks are adorable. cute cat too. you are so clever.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online