Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Baking bread and butterflies

We ran out of bread yesterday and I had found this recipe on Urban Homemaker the other day so I decided to give it a shot. I have a bread maker but have never made bread by hand, so this was my first time. It did not turn out as light and fluffy as the reviews said it would, but when I tasted it, it was good, and not so dense that you could hardly eat a whole slice (as homemade whole wheat sometimes turns out).It is important to say, that I do not have a flour mill, so I just used regular whole wheat flour and I did not have dough enhancer or gluten. I am not sure why I can't find the same version of the recipe that I used, but it said that the enhancer and gluten where optional, so since I did not have any, I did not use them. I think I will try the recipe again, and see if I can find someone with a four mill and buy some dough enhancer and gluten to see how it turns out if I actually follow the directions, novel idea, I know!
The kids decorated these masks today while I made my bread. They were left over from our Memorial Day BBQ yesterday.



No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online