Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In the garden

So, I started this Blog thinking that it would be a great way for our families (whom we do not live near) to see what it going on in our lives in the day to day of homeschooling and life. But as I began to blog, the idea of writing to a larger audience became more and more exciting. To think, there could be people I don't even know reading my blog! Well, in the past week I have gotten a few comments from these such people (one's I don't know) and it is exciting, but a little scary too! How did they come across my blog? Did they like it? Is my writing atrocious and boring? I am truly fascinated by the whole world of blogging. What fun it is! So, to those I know, and don't know, thanks for reading and come back and leave a note anytime!

The garden is starting to bloom!
We are in Ladybug luv at our house!

I decided to take a chance and grow Ranuculas this spring. We are right on the edge of the growing zone for these, but they are my favorite flowers EVER and impossible to find in stores. There are three with bud and this is the first to show it's colors!

Shasta Daisies

I know you can't see this, but I planted these Hollyhocks three springs ago and for the past two years they have come up and died before they even reached 6 inches! This year they are almost two feet tall and look like they are about to bloom!!!!!

My veggie garden!

2 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oops, forgive me if this is my second comment on your garden, I had a little mishap trying to post the first one so I am not sure if it went through.

I just wanted to say that I am inspired by people who have gardens! I had just posted about that on my blog a few days ago. It seems like such a great way to save money and eat more healthy produce, now I just have to get started gardening!

Blessings,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I had a nice surprise of Hollyhocks in my garden. There was one when we moved in, but then last year it didn't come back. I think that they only bloom every other year.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online