Sunday, September 28, 2008

celebrate!

I have been a bit of a delinquent recently. I seem to have neglected my responsibilities all for the sake of creating. It is Sunday night, nearing 11:00pm, and instead of getting ready for bed, I am here, posting pictures of my just completed "celebrate" banner. I have not folded the laundry I washed two days ago, I have not looked at my lesson plans for the week... if it were not for my ever-patient and helpful husband, my kids might still be running around the house and the dished (from yesterday) would probably still be piled in the sink. I crossed three things off of my project list this weekend though (Awana bags, a scrapbooking idea I have been wanting to try and this banner)! So now it is time to.... celebrate!
I have had the idea for this banner in my mind for awhile now, but it was this fabric that actually set the project in motion. It is just so cute! I can't wait to find another use for the scraps I have left over.

Oh, and it is double sided, so If I wanted to hang it without words, I can just turn it around and just have the colorful flags! I was thinking about putting it on Etsy, but I am not sure I can part with it...

4 comments:

Leslie said...

that banner is so great!I love it! You can use it for so many things...did you machine or hand applique all those letters? How would you part with it? It is way too cute.

amy said...

Leslie, I hand sewed the letters. I have never really been much of a "sew by hand" kinda girls, but as I sewed this project I found a rhythm that I have not experienced before. I found the repetition relaxing and reassuring. It caused me to slow down and take in all that is going on around me. This is something you might find me doing more often!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't etsy it! It's just beautiful!!

Leslie said...

it is really great. I like hand sewing. I have a small quilting project that i think i might do by hand, just for the satisfaction. Your banner really looks great...i am with Deb you should keep it.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online