Friday, September 12, 2008

happy birthday, Regan!

Regan is 7 today. The day has been a whirl wind of presents, school, toy stores and cake. I have not really stopped to reflect on the fact that my little girl is growing up. She was so teeny when she came into this world, 5 lbs 7oz and 19.5" long. Not much has changed in that respect, she is still teeny, but she no longer snuggles up on my chest to sleep. Actually, I am lucky if I can get a hug from her these days. She is fiercely independent and strong as can be. She is generous and caring. She has pushed and stretched me in ways I never could have imagined, before having kids, and has taken hold of my heart in a way that is impossible to explain... If you are a mother, you know what I mean.
Happy birthday, my Sunshine!

We like to open out presents early in our house :) Here is Regan with pieces of her sewing kit I got her for her birthday. She is always wanting to create and has been begging me to teach her to sew for months now. We've done a few project with foam and plastic needles, now we move on the the real deal!

Probably her favorite gift of the day. Thanks Grammy!

I am not sure what compelled me to make this cake, we will never be able to eat it all! Two cake mixes and three can's of frosting! But, your only 7 once!

Make a wish!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, sweetheart! My 8yo just got HSM2, too, and she loves it--especially the "outtakes."

Jennifer said...

Happy (late) Birthday Regan!!

love, Hannah

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online