Monday, September 1, 2008

first day

Well, today was the official start to our fall semester. It is funny, the kids have been begging me for weeks to start school, but today was a struggle for everyone. I have been so excited about all the fun things we are going to do this year that I forgot about the transition time that always occurs at the beginning of anything new. At one point when I was trying to read something to the kids, (who could not sit still, be quiet or listen to save their lives) Regan said something to the effect of "I didn't think it would be this boring!"
In all fairness, it was not an ordinary day, it is Labor Day after all, and Phil is home from work which changes the dynamics of how we function, plus I did not want to spend all day doing school, I mean it is a holiday. In the end, we got through it. Not without me asking Phil if it was too late to put them on the school bus tomorrow :)
Tomorrow is a new day and our first day of art! That should make up for every "boring" thing we did today! I am off to read the Hiding Place to the kids before we go to some friends house for Dinner!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

i am looking forward to reading about your homescchool adventures and stories. Boring...that is quite a statement for the first day of school. :o)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online