Wednesday, July 16, 2008

just couldn't stop

The bag needed something in it. So, I decided to give Amanda Soule's pencil roll a try. Instructions are in her new book, The Creative Family. I followed the basic instructions, except I used what I had on hand, and not the 100% wool felt she recommends.
I wanted to keep with the fruit theme and still have an abundance of this fabric left after making pillows and clothes for the girls. The strawberries, cherries and limes were a perfect match for the bag! I used regular old white felt (left over from stocking I made years ago) for the lining.

There it is all rolled up with a dozen colored pencils inside! A perfect mate to the coloring book inside the bag!
Happy Birthday, Audrey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Love them both.
This September I'm going to give my kids a German cone full of goodies like those pencil cases. I can't wait!
Deb
www.aswewalk.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online