Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Catching up

My parents came to visit for a couple of days before their trip up north. They are headed to MN, Canada and my beloved Maine. One of these summers we will take our kids to Maine to camp. It is about this time every summer that I find myself mourning how long it has been since I was last in ME. 9 years to be exact. The last time I went was the summer before we got married. Phil does not understand my attachment to Maine, but I am sure, if I can ever get our family there, then he will understand. The New England coast just has that effect on you, if you have been there, you know what I am talking about...

Enough of my ramblings... On to my real life, which is pretty darn exciting, even if it does not currently involve a trip to Maine!

Regan lost her second tooth. A bit prematurely. It seems she and Micah were fighting over a hat and Regan thought it would be a good idea to play tug-o-war with her mouth! When Micah yanked the hat from her jaws he left that bottom tooth hanging by a string. It was loose before the tug-o-war, just not that loose!I had seen this little tooth fairy bag a bit ago, and so we decided to whip up one for Regan Sunday afternoon while we waited to Grammy and Poppy to get here.
I made these cupcakes for dessert for my parents. I found them on The Crafty Crow. They were very yummy! I think these might be our next birthday party treats!
I am off to take a shower before the kids movie is over and the baby wakes up! I have lots to catch up on after two days of playing with Grammy and Poppy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good visit. My IRL friend, Kathy, www.restorationplace.typepad.com, is making those Crafty Crow cupcake treats for a picnic at our house on the 4th. I can't wait--especially looking at how well they turned out at your house.

Laura said...

The tooth fairy pillow/girl is DARLING!!!

You fit a lot into your days, I can tell. You must be very organized!

I'm impressed that you make the four hour drive to your parent's house. And I thought three hours was long....:)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online