Thursday, July 3, 2008

One man's trash is another man's treasure

So, about a month (or so) ago I went out in the morning to take out the trash and found this bench out on the corner with my neighbors trash. Well, not this bench exactly, the wood was all rotten and broken and the bench was falling apart. I should have taken a picture of it, but it did not cross my mind until now. Anyway, it only took me a minute to realize that all this bench needed was a little TLC and some new wood, so I lugged it over to our house promising Phil that it was an easy fix and as soon as Regan's recital was over, I would work on it. Well, I guess I did not get to it as quickly as I thought and when my parents started talking about coming down to visit before their trip I decided it was a perfect project for my dad to do while he was here. He does not like to sit around, so naturally I felt obligated to have a project ready for him :)So here it is, our new bench! My dad did a beautiful job didn't he? Hope my neighbors don't see it and decide they want it back, lol :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online